Mental Health First Aider Course
It has never been so evident as it is now of the need to be fully aware, of your Mental Health, both in the workplace and at home. COVID 19 has taken us to a new awareness level of our Mental Health due to Lock-down, Self-Isolation, Social Distancing and the assigning of a Bubble to be socially active in.
What are you facing?
As a nation, as an economic power, as diverse and multicultural communities, we are all desirous of great Physical and Mental health and Well-Being. There is no Well-Being without good Mental and Physical health. They cannot be separated.
The impact of the recent Covid 19 waves has affected us one and all, even if you did not get hospitalized or display some or all of the symptoms of Covid 19 you will have been impacted. Raised levels of Stress, Anxiety, Depression, Phobias and other Mental Health conditions are rampant in our society.
Who is it for?
Individuals, Corporations, Companies, Hospitality and any Small Business. You have all faced the above and the extent will grow as the fallout of the interventions begin to be realised. The crippling of our economy will increase the negative impact of our Mental Health and Well-Being.
How intriguing it is to know what the ROI is ?
What is key for you as a manager or individual is to spot the changes to members of your team Mental Health and safe workplace environment. Investment by companies or yourself will yield the following return on your investment -ROI – in MHFA training:
Some examples are:
- Recovery support 1-1 – Counselling, Psychotherapy (CBT) and EAP (employee assistance programs) has an ROI of 5:1
- Preventative support – Mental health First Aiders, Mental health workshops, team coaching , life coaching – has an ROI of 6:1
- Cultural support – Mental Health awareness, Stigma eradication, and trained management has an ROI of 8:1
That is a significant ROI and benefit of having a healthy productive team in the organisation. Can you afford to not be a part of it?
Empowering and Equipping you to make a difference for the Mental Health Well-being in your workplace environment, social environment, friends and family all from the comfort of your safe space.
How it works
The Venue is Online in the comfort of your office or Work From Home office.
This course is made up of both individual learning activities and a series of live sessions. Individual learning will be based on a combination of videos, workbook activities and reading. This can be done at your own pace in advance of each live session. The pace of learning is determined by you and your learning style.
The live sessions are led by one of our approved MHFA England Instructors. It is an interactive process and you have access to the instructors throughout the course period and 6 months afterwards for support and or any guidance you may require.
Online Mental Health First Aid Training
We offer a online mental health first training course.
You will receive login details prior to the course and also receive the workbooks for your preparation and learning prior to the LIVE SESSIONS with our Instructors. The Online course is spread over 2 weeks and it comprises of 4 sessions, each session has an instructor led live session and in-between sessions, time to allow adequate preparation work prior to participation in the live sessions.
Live Session 1:
- Why Mental Health First Aid?
- The Mental Health First Aid action plan
- What is mental health?
- Impact of mental health issues
- Stigma and discrimination
Live Session 2:
- What is depression?
- Symptoms of depression
- Risk factors for depression
- Depression in the workplace
- Suicide figures
- Alcohol, drugs, and mental health
- First aid for suicidal crisis
- Non-judgemental listening skills
- First aid for depression
- Treatment and resources for depression
Live Session 3:
- What is an anxiety disorder?
- First aid for anxiety disorders
- Crisis first aid after a traumatic event
- Alcohol, drugs, and anxiety disorders
- Treatment and resources for anxiety disorders
- Cognitive distortions and CBT
- Eating disorders
Live Session 4:
- What is psychosis?
- Risk factors for psychosis
- Alcohol, drugs, and psychosis
- Bipolar disorder
- Warning signs of developing psychosis
- Crisis first aid for acute psychosis
- Treatment and resources for psychosis
- Recovery and building resources
- Action planning for using MHFA
What is Included
The online course covers all aspects of the Adult MHFA training program and includes the following – All training materials, Workbooks, Access to 2 instructors…… And a whole lot more.
Delegate FAQ’s can be found here
Enroll so that you can be the ” Empowered and Equipped People Helper you know you can be and make a difference” by being able to, not only identify or spot the signs and symptoms of Mental Ill Health, but by early intervention, save peoples lives, save costs of long term recovery periods, help people to live productive and fruitful lives, give support and guide to persons for appropriate help and create a safe Social and Workplace environment.
The investment per delegate for the Online Course is £287.00, a discount of 10% is available if more than 1 delegate registers from the same company.
“Managers who promote mental health and well-being in the workplace increase their productivity, reduce conflicts, absenteeism and presenteeism, reduce turn backs, improve the quality of their output and have their teams performing at their optimum capacity.”
Further Training opportunities and Solutions
We offer further training opportunities…. MH for managers in the workplace, Bite 30 – Our 30 minute bite size presentations of Mental Health in the workplace,
Solutions – Integration of MHFA into a Health Plan, Implementing Mental Health in your workplace, Mental Health Risk Assessments, Mental Health audits / Gap Analysis, Mental health Action Plans, Mental Health Awareness flyers and meetings.
Our Promise and Pledge to you
We promise and pledge to you that we will:
- Help you to reduce the STIGMA of mental health socially and in the workplace
- Equip you with the tools necessary to make a difference in the well-being of others
- Enhance your interpersonal skills such as Non- Judgmental listening
- Support you throughout your learning journey in the MHFA course
- Support you as you implement your MHFA learning into the workplace and social environments
- Give you our full availability during training in the Live sessions with no external distractions
- Equip you with practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of Mental Health issues
- Empower you with sufficient knowledge to be able to confidently deal with Mental Health issues and guiding them to appropriate support
- Provide professional training at the highest level
So come and join us on this personal empowering and equipping Online course.
Get In Touch
To take advantage of this investment opportunity and make a difference in your community, select the course you like and book your place.
Should you have any further requirements to discuss please get in touch.